- How many frets, what kind of micro as well as their configuration? 22 boxes and microphones of the mark (Dean-designed humbuckers)
- What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)? Tune-o-matic-style bridge and then body trhu
- What are the settings (volume, tone, dial the micro ...)? 2 microphones + the tone
- What type of sleeve? Rosewood fretboard with Pearl razor inlay
is to summarize what I was looking (hardware level) no floyd and a look that kills
micro is good for better but for the price it is
on the other hand! the button "Dimebag traction knobs" that are "bored" all around and made an ugly hole fringed with molten plastic (which is normal according to the vendor to better handle it) and although it's very ugly big mistake of the taste!
- The handle is it fun? So very, thin and close to my randy rhodes
- Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy? Could not be better
- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)? weight then yes it weighs more than the RR is on it does not tip! that it is the form you can play it's going to the RR or a horizontal stratum, the upper horn of a gene at the beginning peus
- Gets it easy to sound good? ... 2-sc! but it's still micro dean
- They are suitable to your style of music? Thrash metal and death so yes perfect
- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play? I am a bassist so based on my Hartke but with a DOD death metal pedal
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?
gain a background that sounds super trashy, but the arpeggios are fine too, not too fat not good thrash
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
jsuis not a fan of the mixed or even the neck pickup I do not use but that's okay even when
- How long have you use it? 2 weeks
- What is so special that you like most and least? + Sound - congestion
- Have you tried many other models before buying it? I have my randy
- How would you rate the quality / price? Exellent
- With experience, you do again this choice? ... Yes!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
goomstein's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)" Entry"
See more reviews
Mine is metallic red and has the class)
This is my second Dean, but always in the same range, ie: the entry level. But that does not mean low quality. To compare with my ML, the handle is different, flatter, thinner, accessible ... a treat!
Pretty good ergonomics, good performance, even if slight tendency to slide down and the weight is not disabling.
Access to acute not bad at all, since the handle is quite thin, the highs are more easily accessible than the ML.
Level by the cons ... see the chapter below
If you've read my opinion on the ML Dime-o-flag, you know that my styles are not too advanced, rock, funk, metal (MXR Dime Distortion recently, the Panard!).
Mics, compared to the ML are awful at rendering and quality ... But I guess these are the same that equip all basic models, is that after playing the wood (not the essence, again it will not look far, but because the thickness of the form? ?) at least for me in the ear there is a clear difference in definition, clarity ... short, it's just right!
Therefore the change ... and the original strings that have rusted in two movements three times ...
I installed a pair of micro active EMG 85 + 81, unfortunately, I had to miss a weld, so I'll start again and I publish my opinion on the sound when I patched it all ...
Oh and for those who are wondering, yes it goes ... just the back cover is slightly open a few millimeters but it fits
(I said that I used a kit seamless, but I have to redo the welds at the micro switch and as I am the king of DIY: '(...)
I own this guitar for quite some time now, but I admit that given the quality of the microphones, I tended to play more on my ML.
And since I have my Schecter Tempest Custom and well ... I have longed to touch it
But it has taken an interest with the new microphones that I have glued and most importantly, I can not wait to hear the result with my MXR.
And his neck is really a great asset!
Is it a purchase that I do it again? Not sure!
After, I admit that this guitar was a favorite, I love the shape and I'm a big fan of Mr. Darrell and what he and Dean Guitars wanted to propose, with guitars affordable, playable immediately to satisfy the rocker or metal that we sleep in lml
It is always just under € 400, it's mouth and a good round ... if you can have for less with a few additional € pocket to change the pickups then yes, go ahead, enjoy!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Krius's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)