Dean Guitars MKH Matt Heafy Signature
Metal band Trivium and Dean Guitars introduce a new series of signature models designed for the band's guitarists, Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu.
The MKH Matt Heafy Signature model is based on the infamous ML series guitar originally designed and introduced by Dean Zelinsky in 1977. It features a 24 fret neck, a 12" radius fingerboard and a newly designed sculpted tapered heel for clear access to the upper frets. The frets are medium round crown allowing better intonation at blazing speeds. The neck is solid maple construction with an ebony fingerboard and is joined via set neck design at the 19th fret for better tone transference and continuity.
The body is a solid mahogany "ML" shape featuring the Rising Sun graphics, paying homage to Matt's Japanese heritage. The neck features a pearl inlay Trivium logo at the 12th fret. The headstock features Grover black 14:1 tuners, the Trivium "T" logo, the Dean Wing logo and MKH on the truss rod cover.
The MKH guitar features another Dean first: it's loaded with a USA Dean MKH86 humbucker pickup in the bridge position. It's hand wound to Matt's specs in the Dean USA Custom Shop and provides noiseless thick yet articulate heavy tones. The neck pickup is a standard Dean. The pickups are controlled by a single volume and three-way pickup selector switch. Unique to this model, the input jack is on the underside of the upper back wing preventing accidental cable pull-out during high-energy runs. The bridge is a Floyd Rose® tremolo with corresponding locking nut.
* Body Style: Modified ML — Mahogany
* Neck: 24 fret, ebony/maple, 24.75" scale, 12" radius
* Graphics:Rising Sun paint, 12th fret Trivium circle logo inlay, Trivium "T" on headstock, Dean Wings Logo, side fret markers, MKH truss rod cover
* Bridge/Hardware: Floyd Rose® w/ Locking Nut, Black Grover sealed tuners, Black knurled barrel style control knobs
* Electronics: Dean USA MKH86 Humbucker, one master volume, 3-way pickup selector
* hardshell case included
The MKH will be available worldwide in June 2008 for a MSRP of $1,689.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Daisy Rock New Debutante Guitar Line Daisy Rock's all-new Debutante Series is a line of guitars made exclusively for beginning female guitarists of all ages. The Debutante is designed to meet the needs of the budget conscious girl seeking a lightweight, thin neck design.
- Slash inspires Gibson Gibson announces the availability on April 1st, 2008 of its limited edition "Inspired by Slash" Les Paul.
- MXR Classic 108 Fuzz MXR announces the Classic 108 Fuzz, which (amazingly enough) turns out to be a... fuzz stompbox!