Sauvage Guitars will display its unique One-Piece Master guitar at the NAMM which starts ten days from now.
Carved out in a single piece of ash olive burl, Sauvage Guitars' One-Piece Master features an uncompromising construction method that has been pushed to its limits with a "through body" fingerboard that literally becomes the soundboard of the instrument. The concave body and soundboard of this unique model create a reverberation chamber that gives the instrument a unique resonance and sustain.
Olive ash burl is a relatively lightweight wood known to deliver a pleasing balance of brightness and warmth. As for the flamed maple wood of the "through body" fingerboard, it is prized for its bright tone and great sustain.
The neck is reinforced with 4 titanium rods to ensure neck stability and playing comfort. The titanium is lighter, stronger and is said to resonate better than a classic steel truss rod, providing richer tones across the frequency spectrum. The "One-Piece Master" also breaks with convention at every step of the construction process: according to Sauvage Guitars, the neck angle is a feature that has never been seen before on a one-piece instrument, adding to make the "One-Piece Master" an astonishing engineering achievement.
And the harware seems just as unique as the rest: the strings rest on a woolly mammoth fossil horn nut, which is described as softer than bone and pre-ban elephant ivory and meant to render a mellow tone able to balance the natural brightness of the instrument. The bridge is shaped from a Damascus steel billet. Initially used by blacksmiths for manufacturing luxury blades and swords, Damascus steel is known for its distinctive patterns and high densityn allowing the bridge to add to the guitar's precision and dynamic.
The 3 knobs feature the brand's distinctive "angle-cut triangle" - meant as a symbol of perfect balance. With its angles cut, the triangle becomes a hexagon in reference to the French roots of the brand. But their shape is not even the knobs' most original feature as they are set on a photo-luminescent Cristallium plate - a material brighter than glass that lets through the photo-luminescent pigments' glowing properties.
The One-Piece Master also features pickup tops cut from solid blocks of Fortal, a material originally developed for use in the aerospace industry and known for its high resistance to corrosion. Beneath the outstanding tops, the "One-Piece Master" is powered by a set of custom wound pickups.
The painstakingly sculpted olive ash burl wood body has been kept as natural as possible. The top and the headstock are finished in Tudor Gray, bringing the instrument a modern-edged vintage spirit. The Tudor Gray finish is from the “Classic Car Colors” collection by Glasurit, and this very color was made famous by French luxury car manufacturer Facel Vega on the notorious HK-500.
- 100+ year old olive ash burl wood
- More than 35 years of drying
- Moisture content down to 7%
- One-piece construction
- First one-piece guitar featuring a neck angle
- Concave body construction with reverberation chamber
- Strings through body
- Flamed maple
- "Through body" fingerboard / soundboard
- Scale length: 24'75"
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 21
- Width at nut: 43mm
- Neck profile: standard thin
- Mammoth fossil horn nut
- Bridge shaped from solid Damascuss steel billet
- Photo-luminescent Cristallium® plate
- Open gear Kluson tuner with custom buttons shaped from solid fortal
- Knobs silver plated, shaped from solid fortal
- Etched "Sauvage" logo silver plated
- Two Sauvage Guitars custom wood pickups
- Bridge output: 13.8K ohm
- Neck output: 7.8K ohm
- Polished 500ko Emerson Pro CTS pots
- Individual bridge pickup
- Individual neck pickup
- One master tone
- Russian paper-in-oil capacitors
- Custom made magnet-locked back plate
- Body natural finish
- Top & Headstock Facel Vega's "Tudor Gray"
- Original piece of olive ash burl wood
- "Levitation" display stand
The One-Piece Master will be showcased in its original piece of wood at the NAMM's hall E, booth 1294. Its starting price is €60,000.00.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.