Soloway Guitars - The Jazz Wing
Soloway Guitars Introduces The Jazz Wing, Long Scale Guitar.
Soloway Guitars presents "The Jazz Wing", their first guitar optimized specifically for playing jazz. A light weight, chambered body, figured California Redwood top, rounded Venetian cutaway and rich piano-like tones make the Jazz Wing an alternative to the hassles of a large archtop. According to Soloway, the Jazz Wing is feedback free, remarkably comfortable, and it produces an absolutely convincing jazz tone.
Like all of their guitars, the Jazz Wing features their signature 27" scale length. Combined with the chambered body construction, the longer scale length is designed to produce a better level of clarity, presence, and articulation. We're told the high end has an added sparkle and the low end is tight, clear and focused and , as an added bonus, apparently these guitars seem to play "more in-tune" through the entire length of the fingerboard.
The naturally finished top is select grade figured redwood, edged with three ply binding. The back is light weight, chambered swamp ash. The classic soft Venetian cutaway provides outstanding access to the upper frets while projecting a traditional image from a very untraditional guitar.
The single neck position pickup is a DiMarzio EJ Custom. It is suited for clear, warm, acoustically rich tones. For those needing a bit more versatility, a bridge pickup is available as a custom option.
The neck is one-piece maple with a cocobolo fingerboard and matching peghead veneer. The fingerboard features jumbo frets and an almost classical 16" radius,
- Price: $3,000
- Body Shape: Soloway Little Wing with Venetian Cutaway
- Body Style: Flat Top/ Contoured & Chambered back
- Top Wood: Figured California Redwood
- Back Wood: Light weight Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: One-piece Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Cocobolo
- Pickup: DiMarzio EJ Custom (Neck position pickup only)
- Controls: Volume & Tone
- Typical Weight: 6 to 6.5 lbs
- Notable Features: 3-ply binding, matching cocobolo peghead veneer
- Options: Bridge pickup; natural or black finish on back; gold or chrome hardware, 7-string
For more information, visit their web site at www.solowayguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Boss GT-10 Meet the new flagship of the BOSS multi-effects family.
- Carl Martin Classic Opto-Compressor Carl Martin presents the Classic Opto-Compressor, a new optical compressor pedal in the brand's Vintage Series.
- T-Rex Twister chorus/flanger pedal T-Rex presents the latest member of its family of effect pedals, the Twister. Twister contains both chorus and flanger in one single box!