[NAMM] Vox Series 22 Guitars
The Vox Series 22 are double-cutaway models which borrow production techniques, styling cues, and use the same components found in the Vox Virage, Series 77, Series 55, and Series 33 guitars.
Series 22 Highlights:
- Mahogany bodies with 3-D
- SBE provides improved instrument balance
- Inverse heel joint offers playable access to the upper neck
- Vox design XLM compact humbucking pickups with two tone settings
- MaxConnect aluminum bridge offers stringing access and wide intonation range
- Sealed Vox tuners deliver enhanced tuning stability
Available in four finishes, the Vox Series 22 features a double cutaway design. The set neck features an inverse heel design and deep cut designed to offer unobstructed access to the upper frets. Position dot markers adorn the rosewood fingerboard.
The advanced MaxConnect aluminum bridge features extended saddle travel for flawless intonation with any gauge string. Strings slide in from under the back edge of the bridge to make changing strings easy.
The sealed Vox tuners are designed to offer enhanced tuning stability. The mahogany necks are finished with a rosewood fingerboard.
Each Series 22 guitar is outfitted with two XLM (Xtra Loud Mini) humbucking pickups. Use the pickup mode switch to choose a tight, punchy lead tone or more open, chordal voice, according to the company. Using the three-way pickup switch, you can select either pickup individually, or use them both together.
The passive analog tone circuitry offers both a Master Volume and a Master Tone control to refine your individual sound.
SDC-22 RD • Red
SDC-22 BK • Black
SDC-22 WH • White
SDC-22 SU • Sunburst
SDC-22 Series Specs
Neck Material – Mahogany
Neck Joint – Custom set-in joint with inverse heel for greater access to the upper frets
Body Material –Mahogany
Inlay –Acrylic dot
Nut – Synthetic, self-lubricating
Scale – 638mm
Fingerboard Radius – 300mm
Nut Width – 43mm
1st Fret Thickness – 21mm
12th Fret Thickness – 23mm
Number of Frets – 22
Fret wire – Medium Jumbo
Pickups – XLM two-voice mini humbucking pickups (x 2)
Pickup Selector – 3-way toggle
Pickup Mode Switch – 1x 2-position Master Mode Switch to select Clean and Lead modes
Controls – Master Volume and Master Tone controls
Hardware –Vox MaxConnecttm aluminum bridge with easy stringing access and wide intonation range; Vox sealed tuners; Vox SBE tm strap button extender for improved on-strap balance
Pricing & Availability
PRICE: £ TBC
AVAILABLE: May/June 2011
Check out Vox for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Martin & Co CEO-6 Special Edition The new Martin CEO-6 Special Edition is based on the early "Sloped Shoulder" Dreadnought design originated by Martin in the 1930s, the 14-fret CEO-6 features a solid wood Red Spruce "Adirondack" top joined to a body of premium, bookmatched solid East Indian rosewood.
- [NAMM] New Martin PA4 Models Martin Guitar is showcasing the five new PA models it announced this past October – all for the first time at NAMM.
- [NAMM] New Martin & Co. Models Martin & Co. has added a number of new, innovative guitars to its line-up at this year’s Winter NAMM Show.