[NAMM] Martin & Co LE-Cowboy 2015
Martin & Co is in Nashville to introduce 6 new acoustic and acoustic-electric guitars at Summer NAMM 2015, including the LE-Cowboy 2015.
The Martin LE-Cowboy 2015 is a limited edition that will only be available until the end of the year. The non-cutaway folk guitar features a classical headstock but uses steel strings and Martin asked graphic artist William Matthews to design a cowboy portrait on the top.
The LE-Cowboy 2015, just like all the new Martin & Co guitars, benefits from the new VST Vintage Tone System that is based on classic torrefaction/aging system, which allows for recreating both visual aspect and tone of period-correct guitars.
- 000 12-Fret style body
- Solid Sitka spruce top with VST finish, single rosette and Cowboy portrait by William Matthews
- Goncalo Alves (also known as tigerwood) back and sides
- Solid Sitka Spruce A-style bracing
- Style 30 multicolor purfling
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Back black/maple fiber inlay
- Solid mahogany neck with modified Low Oval shape, Dovetail joint
- Solid ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and Diamonds and Squares inlays
- Nut width: 1.75”
- Scale length: 25.4”
- Goncalo Alves headstock
- Engraved Golden Age Relic tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Solid ebony bridge
- Optional electronics
- Available for right-handed only
The LE-Cowboy 2015 MSRP is $3,999. More info at www.martinguitar.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!