Takamine has revealed the LTD 2016 Decoy, a model exclusively available this year.
Every year, Takamine releases a special model available in limited edition for the year in question and never to be duplicated after that. This year’s model is the Decoy, an FXC arched model (very close to the traditional Grand Concert proportions) with a body entirely made of flamed maple, a maple neck and an ebony fingerboard artfully decorated with evocations of the Japanese fishing technique known as Tomozuri which includes using a decoy fish (hence the model’s name) to catch the “wild ahu”, a fish species also known as “watermelon fish”.
- Flamed Maple (arched) top and back
- Flame Maple sides
- Maple neck
- Ebony finger board with Watermelon Fish inlay
- Ivory body binding
- Nut Width: 42.5 mm
- Electronics: CTP-3
- Finish: Green Blue Burst
- Case: GC100
This model will be available in a limited quantity at a price still to be announced. More details to follow at Takamine’s website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.