Vox Amps is about to expand its line of Valvetronix tube-powered modeling amplifiers with the introduction of the new VT Series.
The new models include the 15-Watt VT15, 30-Watt VT30, 50-Watt VT50 and 100-Watt VT100 combos. As with all Valvetronix models, these amps feature Vox's patented Valve Reactor technology. According to Vox, this proprietary design involves a unique 12AX7 tube circuit to create a 100% analog power-amp circuit that delivers true tube amp sound and feel, unattainable with digital technology.
Based on Vox's AD Series, these new models deliver even more advanced modeling and effects, all at affordable price points.
New Features include:
- 22 amp models with high tonal flexibility, ranging from the latest high-gain amps to legendary vintage and boutique amplifiers.
- 12 effects ranging from familiar standards such as chorus and delay to new effects such as a pitch shifter/harmonizer, and including reverb with its own independent level control.
- 66 preset programs including 22 famous song presets which simulate the signature tones of the world's most famous guitarists.
- 8 footswitchable user programs for creating and saving custom amp and effect combinations.
- Built-in speaker-emulated headphone/line-out jack for playing in private or connecting to a mixer or recorder without sacrificing sound quality.
- Optional VFS5 footswitch, providing hands-free program switching and allowing users to turn effects on/off, or to set delay time and modulation speed.
Each model features VOX custom-designed speakers, as well as user selectable output power that allows the Valve Reactor to be saturated at even low volumes in order to deliver convincing tube power amp sounds, responses and feels. An external speaker output is also provided on VT50 and VT100, and an effects loop on VT100.
The Vox VT15 and VT30 will be available in October 2008 with respective MSRPs of $280.00 and $375.00. The VT Footswitch will be available for $84.00.
The VT50 and VT100 shall be available in December with no price announced as of yet.
More information available at www.voxamps.co.uk.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.