For how long have you been using it?
It's been one week I bought 3 Melody of 6 meters.
Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Wow, yes, I only speak of the cables that are in the same order of price: Proco DefenderProco Excalibur ...
Melody is well above the lot.
What thing do you like most/least about it?
I was completely freaked when I plugged it into my set. I do not really expect a huge difference too. Even drummer and bass player in my group were immediately remarked, a clean home clean, less Bzzzz, more bass, more mids, more highs, more brilliance ... really great! I guess even if I try with the Lyric.
- The sound is clearly better defined (cleaner, more bass, more mids, more highs etc ...)
- Flexible cable
- The beauty of cable
- Choose a straight / right or right / angled
- No Velcro to wrap it like on Proco: '(
- The rubber on the tips of the jack is stuck, that's not unique at all!
- It seems it is quite fragile, have to watch anyway (but maybe I'm wrong)!
- Need to redo all the settings of equalization in the first connection: o)
How would the quality / price?
The base price is still quite expensive, it is a true investment! But in our beloved Gillou the Melody are very affordable!
It is true that it's expensive for cables, but frankly saw the result ... it's well worth!
Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
Oh yes ... but first I want to try the Lyric! <img class="smiley" src="https://fr.audiofanzine.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_mrgreen.gif" alt="mrgreen" />
For the note I put 10, and I change the day I tested the Lyric! <img class="smiley" src="https://fr.audiofanzine.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_wink.gif" alt="wink" />