La Patrie PRESENTATION EQ

All user reviews for the La Patrie PRESENTATION EQ

• MGR/Phiilip M. PlaceMGR/Phiilip M. Place

La Patrie Presentation

La Patrie PRESENTATION EQPublished on 07/16/04 at 15:00
    I bought my La Patrie about 2 years ago from a funky, cool, tiny little music store in Livonia, Michigan. It's embarassing but I can't even remember the name of it! But then I don't remember much anymore. I paid $375 for my La Patrie "PRESENTATION" model. It came with an incredible form-fitting hard shell case. I don't think it was provided by La Patrie. I think the the owner was overjoyed that I'd spent that much money in his store! I had a transducer installed with volume & 2 tone controls.

Playing live with this baby is absolutely sweet & trouble free! It's probably the easiest nylon I've worked with in 25+ years. While recording I don't really use anything else anymore. It's one of those things that you have to experience for yourself. It's akin to having a car that always starts, never gives you any problems & you don't really realize it until you use another that fails. It's small, easy to handle & has that look about it that makes other players have that(I want that guitar!) look in their eye! It faithfully stays in tune. The lows & highs are balanced great! It has a nice rumble when you're working low. Mid-tones are sweet & ring through. And the highs don't crap out on you which is REALLY nice!

Ummmmm... not a single thing!

This particular model has a cedar top. The rest is a beautiful rosewood. A very understated & frills-free looking guitar. The quality in my opinion is near flawless.

Try any La Patrie model if you get the chance. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as I was! And no, I don't work for La Patrie. They're out of Canada in Quebec. Thanks for listening!