[MUSIKMESSE] DigiTech presents the Whammy Ricochet
DigiTech introduces the Whammy Ricochet, a new model aimed at offering a wide range of creative pitch bend effects.
The Whammy Ricochet is said to let you bounce your playing up or down in pitch in controlled or crazy shifts. A momentary switch and customizable independent rise and fall time ballistics, allow you to get the well-known Whammy action without the use of a treadle - just hold your foot on the footswitch and let the Ricochet do the rest. Seven pitch selections (2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, Octave, Double Octave, and Octave+Dry) are available, as well as a toggle to select up or down for the selected pitch. The Whammy Ricochet also has latching footswitch mode, making it possible to rise or fall to pitch and stay there, and an LED ladder that shows your shift trajectory at all times. All these controls combine to create either classic Whammy pitch-shifting or new, original sounds.
- Classic Whammy sound without a bulky treadle
- Possibility to bend notes up or down across 2 octaves
- 7 Selectable Pitch intervals
- Ultimate control of Shift and Return time
- LED Trajectory Ladder provides instant visual feedback
- Classic and Chords mode
- Momentary or Latching footswitch
- True Bypass in latching mode
The Whammy Ricochet is expected to be released in May 2016 with a $187.44 MSRP. More details at digitech.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.