Electro-Harmonix HOG2 and the HOG2 Controller
The Electro-Harmonix Harmonic Octave Generator is back in a second version with an update foot controller and more features.
Like the original, the HOG2 octaver delivers complete control of ten totally polyphonic and glitch free voices ranging from two octaves below to four above the instrument’s pitch.
- New algorithms to improve the quality of the ten generated octaves and harmonics
- Full MIDI control over all parameters and presets
- Master Volume for added control. Volume levels are saved as part of a preset
- Save and recall up to 100 preset programs with the optional HOG2 Foot Controller (versus six with the original HOG)
- Controllable harmonic intervals: -2 octaves, -1 octave, original note, +5th, +1 octave, +1 octave +5th, +2 octaves, +2 octaves +3rd, +3 octaves, + 4 octaves.
- 7 Expression Modes
- Freeze expression mode holds a note or chord-play over it or slide to new notes like a keyboardist playing portamento
- Amplitude envelope lengthens a note’s attack for swells or increased decay speed.
- Dedicated resonant filtering with sweepable frequency control
- Separate lower and upper harmonic amplitude envelopes
- External expression pedal included
- Standard 9VDC 200mA power supply included
The price has not been announced. Discover this new generation on https://www.ehx.com/products/hog2.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] MI Effects announces the Super Crunch Box MI Effects will present at NAMM the final version of its Super Crunch Box, a feature-boosted version of its distorsion pedal.
- [NAMM] Gretsch launches a Billy Duffy Falcon Gretsch adds to its Artist Series the White Falcon Billy Duffy Signature, an all-white archtop guitar.
- [NAMM] New finish for the Schecter Corsair The semi-hollow Schecter Corsair guitar will be available in 2013 with a new Satin finish.