Create an account

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • phraselandphraseland

Godin Multiac Duet SteelPublished on 12/04/08 at 09:00
    This is my Godin Multiac Steel Duet. I have been playing it for about four years now and loved every second of it.
    The top is made of massive spruce and the body and neck are made of mahagony with a rosewood fretboard. The guitar has an under-saddle pickup (I believe it is a L.R.Baggs) and a contact microphone attached to the top. This is also the reason for the name 'duet' as it can blend between those two. The bridge is built just like on an acoustic steel string guitar and the head is built with an 'open-headstock' design. This apparently gives the strings more sustain and makes it look a bit classier...just pray you don't have to change strings while being on stage...

Props to Godin fo…

Props to Godin for incorporating a phantom powered XLR Plug!

When you hold the neck it becomes quickly apparent that this guitar was built by a manufacturer of electric guitars. It has a smooth satin finish and feels and plays like butter. I can easily switch from rhythmic playing to leads and the ergonomy is absolutely fantastic. I think the only problem is that it just doesn't really feel like an acoustic anymore - so I caught myself playing electric guitar licks instead of what I would play on an acoustic. This is however just an observation. The guitar also doesn't look very acoustic anymore and for a singer/songwriter like me this would have been a nice feature (though not the most important).
    I also don't know why they haven't come up with something more ergonomic than those tiny faders to adjust the sound. They sound quite good but are totally useless if you need to change volumes while playing/singing.

Plugged in this guitar is to me the best sounding acoustic sound on the market! It might be a tid bit too bright - but that is something that can be adjusted on the guitar itself and on the amp. I have been playing this guitar with a Fender Hot Rod Deville and it sounds much better than most 'real' acoustic amps. So just try it out.
    I mainly use the under saddle pickup and add maybe 20% microphone. Any more and the sound becomes very washed.

What can I say - I love this guitar! It sounds ok acoustic (a nice little feature on the side), sounds great plugged in, stays in tune, is very feedback resistant and has very good intonation. The look is a matter of taste and some people would prefer to have a more 'acoustic' design. It is a 'working man' guitar - nothing fancy but everything of very high quality.
    If it got lost or stolen I would immediatly buy one again!

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)