[NAMM] New Gretsch Roots Collection guitars
Gretsch adds two guitars to its classic-design Roots Collection series.
The Winter NAMM 2014 will see the release of two new Gretsch guitars that will transport you to a bygone era well before rock 'n' roll blasted off in the 1950's.
First off we have the return of the 1950's Gretsch New Yorker archtop guitar with the following specs:
- Arched Solid Spruce Top with Laminated Maple Back and Sides
- Parallel Tone Bars bracing
- Oversize Gretsch "F"-Holes
- Mahogany vintage "V" shaped neck
- Rosewood fretboard with 19 vintage-style frets (14 to body), 9.45" (240mm) radius and pearloid dot inlays
- Scale Length: 25"
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Finish : Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Rosewood bridge
- Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast tuning machines
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
Gretsch will also introduce a new Jim Dandy Flat Top, namely the G9515, which is faithful to the "Rex" parlor guitars produced by the brand in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s.
Its specs are:
- Agathis non-cutaway body
- X bracing
- Screened white purfling and aged white binding
- 3.44" diameter soundhole
- "C" shape nato neck
- Rosewood fretboard with 18 vintage-style frets (12 to body) and pearloid Dot inlays
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 24"
- Single-ply white pickguad with "G" graphic
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Open-Back Geared tuning machines
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Coral Sunburst Top
Here's a demo of the New Yorker:
More info at: www.gretschguitars.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.