All user reviews for the Cymbag Drumset Pre-Pack

• MGR/mtebaldiMGR/mtebaldi

Cymbag Cymbag

Cymbag Drumset Pre-PackPublished on 03/25/11 at 16:00
    Cymbags are microfiber cymbal sleeves that are made to protect them from dust, scratches, and their number one enemy, fingerprints. We drummers all know how our own fingerprints can leave permanent marks on cymbal, and the creator of Cymbags developed sleeves that are easy slip on and off, fit perfectly on the cymbal and on hard or soft cases. With them you will never need to touch your cymbal with your hands again. Preserving the beauty and integrity of your instruments.

I had the chance to try a set of Cymbags recently when I borrowed a cymbal set. They are not too expensive, but also not exactly dirt-cheap. A 14” Cymbag cost $19, a 16” is priced at $21 and a 22” retails for $29.

<a hre…

<a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/MusicGearReviewcom/323866390905">https://www.facebook.com/pages/MusicGearReviewcom/323866390905</a>

I think what I like the most about the Cymbags is their very concept. Never touch a cymbal with your hand again. They definitely do the job they intend to do. It’s nice to have your cymbals “wrapped up” after your session at the studio, or protected while you are away, without having to store them in a conventional cymbal bag. Cymbals can be an expensive purchase and it feels that the Cymbag make you feel you care just that much more about protecting your investment. I like the simple things about the bags that may often get taken for granted, like how they fit just perfectly on the cymbal, and how they have a writable white tag for ownership claim.

The downsides of Cymbags are not too bad, and definitely fixable. First, it is not impermeable, meaning that if you drop a drink on them, it will just soak it up instead of shielding the cymbal. I’m not 100% opposed to the little ties that the bag is closed with, but I would like to see some Velcro instead. I guess the worse thing about the Cymbags is the shipping price, $15! You could almost buy a second one with that. To that point, for being made of just a piece of microfiber cloth that weighs barely anything, I don’t understand why shipping would cost so much.

The microfiber material seems to be pretty resistant and the sewing pretty strong. I guess I would need a few more months or ware and tare to give a more accurate review of its construction quality.

Overall, the Cymbags are a nice investment for those drummers who really care about conserving and expanding the longevity of their cymbals. They can definitely help keep cymbals looking new for longer and also offer extra protection when having them in a cymbal bag. To avoid overcharging for shipping when purchasing online, you might want to purchase a few Cymbags at once, since shipping is free when the purchase is over $75.