iZotope Launches Ozone 7
After a complete presentation at the AES, iZotope has released the latest version of their flagship mastering software, Ozone.
Ozone 7 is a set of essential mastering tools aimed at both professionals and aspiring music producers eager to easily add a final level of polish to their mixes and audio recordings. While retaining the elegant workflow and precision audio processing of previous versions, Ozone 7 claims to bring sonic characteristics of analog hardware to modern digital recordings.
The Ozone family of products includes both Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced, which includes additional features for gluing together a mix. Ozone 7 Advanced users can take advantage of four brand-new, vintage-inspired modules designed to add deep, rich analog character to digital recordings. Additionally, the new Codec Preview feature lets Advanced users audition the effect of industry-standard codecs on their master, making it easier to make necessary adjustments before exporting for digital distribution.
- Vintage Limiter: Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add character
- Vintage Tape [Advanced only]: Add the distinctive sonic characteristics of analog tape to modern digital recordings
- Vintage Compressor [Advanced only]: Add subtle warming and sweetening effects with a single-band, program-dependent vintage compressor
- Vintage EQ [Advanced only]: Add the richness, warmth, and color of analog equalization to digital audio
- Maximizer with new IRC IV mode: Increase perceived loudness without pumping or distortion with the mode's innovative new spectral shaping technology
- Dynamic EQ: Now included in both versions of Ozone with improved features and optimized performance
- A comprehensive bank of presets: Achieve authentic sounds for any genre and style and explore Signature Mastering Presets from Greg Calbi, the notable mastering engineer whose career spans from John Lennon to Bruce Springsteen to Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
- New export options: Encode mastered audio to MP3 and AAC formats
Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced are available now at www.izotope.com/ozone and at select retailers. Ozone 7 Advanced is also available as part of iZotope's Music Production Bundle with Insight, Alloy 2, Nectar 2 Production Suite, and Trash 2 (plus two Trash Expansions).
- Music Production Bundle is available for $549 USD/ €505 (regular price $599, €549)
- Ozone 7 Advanced is available for $449 USD/ €429 (reg. $499, €459)
- Ozone 7 is available for $199 USD/ €185 (reg. $249, €229)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?