Reveal Spire in AAX for Pro Tools 11
Reveal Sound released a small update for its Spire virtual synth in order to make it compatible with Pro Tools 11.
Pro Tools 10 and 11 64-bit users won’t have to wait until the release of Spire v1.1, scheduled in May, and can now download version 1.0.19 of the synth to get the AAX format. This version also fixes some bugs for the three AAX, VST and AU plug-ins on Mac OS X and Windows. Spire is available for $189 / 135 € at reveal-sound.com.
As we just said, Reveal Sound will release a major update next May, which will bring the following changes :
- New SSE optimized DSP engine that will use less CPU resources
- Memory optimization: non used sections won’t use RAM
- Added modulation buses, sources and targets
- Improved GUI with 150% and 200% scales
- Added modulation and pitch bend wheels
- Added 5 modulation knobs (macros)
- Global pitch shift
- Microtuning section
- Added a Shift button to the arpeggiator
Reveal Sound will also further develop the instrument and has already announced that it will feature OSC modes for the granular sampler and vowel processor, new types of reverb and shapers, a filter with a Drive setting, an advanced preset browser, the ability to load custom waves, and the development of the Rack Extension format for Reason will continue.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Spectro Audio CV Toolkit Spektro Audio introduces a software that allows for controlling analog synths via CV from a Mac or a PC.
- ToneBoosters releases TB Sibalance ToneBoosters announces the availability of the final version 1.0 of its TB Sibalance de-esser plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Aly James’ VLinn Drums soon in v2 Aly James has announces the upcoming version 2 update of its VLinn LM1 Drums virtual drum machine, with added Mac and 64-bit versions.