MOTU 2408 Mk2
MOTU 2408 Mk2

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from MOTU belonging to the 2408 series.

musicaddikt musicaddikt

«  A reliable brand for beginners in the pro »

Published on 12/17/11 at 07:04
I use it for some time, while waiting for a motu 24 i / o. The research CHARACTERISTICS: Entries anologiques outputs (8 inputs and 8 outputs) up to 24 by combining with the e / s numriques. The brand has motu trs good reputable, I was looking for professional affordable hardware.

I use the motu with samplitude, and an analog mixer 16 tracks trs vintage for recording, mixing or post-production ... I also recorded directly on the crude motu is nikel, elec guitar amp outputs, microphone shure 58, saxophone, bass, etc ... The sound does not suffer any parasite (type blast or electric buzz). The catch is its clear, bright, beautifully Dfine.

The drivers are stable. It seems to be that Windows XP ca most disturbing, when moving quickly from one application to another. Ds an application using the audio is opened, the card is on alert. No problem for samplitude to recognize the card and the various inputs, samplitude take them in pairs because it is made on the other hand to work in Stereo. So => 1 +2, 3 +4, 5 +6 and 7 +8 for analog ...

I have plans samplitude of around 24 tracks with a lot of vst and powerful enough. Samplitude MS mode can not run these projects. With the motu no worries. For projects of the heavier frizzage can be felt.

Latency is quite correct is parameter. I did not worry puisquelle is low. I try to make records with Project Traffic into tracks and effects (even bypass the whole) to the risk of minimisert problem. So I have no worries and a relatively low latency (1 to 10 ms depending on the project ..)

GETTING STARTED

Departing install APRS have thought that all routing was done by the motu software that are fairly simple because the mk2 ten years. I was trying to ComenC route was more or less conclusive. I came to understand that silent no need to use such software and after half an hour I took it I had road samplitude because I wanted to work with Samplitude. So I do not CueMix. In samplitude for each track I can choose between and the corresponding output on the motu is auyssi simple as that. Just know: a good DAW IMMEDIATE recognize a good map and allows routing as simple as two mouse clicks.

I have an English manual. It seems complete, but eventually I will have little use.

I have had the opportunity to work on small home studio sound card type or alesis edirol m-audio. But nothing to do. And I do not mean that the number of outputs, but the quality. Primo is not a plastic box container. It's a PCI card and a 19 "rack: it is here in a studio setup audionumrique. It's really more of home studio equipment, it goes further. The quality of manufacture, the robustness of material (I have an opportunity to ten years that has not aged) and the smoothness of audio rendering goes beyond the little amateurish. As against this kind of hardware side a bit, I deprecated therefore purchases the blind you really have to be sr ie the usefulness need a sytem read and multitrack recording that is reliable.
It is clear that the 2408 mk2 has the possibility of revolutions with the inputs and outputs that can be numriques INTERESTED, but also its biggest weakness last. I mean we can get a 24 e / s but still need to know and want to use numriques circuits. Personally I'm not interested and so I'm forcing him prefer other models. I think this type of material and Vou small studios that tend toward evolution of the material to be largely numrique not Anloga. Its weak point for me so it's the lack of analog I / O, each needs.

Excellent quality price, motu is a trusted brand, personally I'm in love it makes exactly the kind of hardware I was looking for. I am always sr my choice is to say buy a motu 24 i / o used, and I think it will remain so for a while in my studio.