MOTU 2408 Mk2
MOTU 2408 Mk2

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from MOTU belonging to the 2408 series.

chris061982 chris061982

«  that mean? »

Published on 02/05/12 at 23:30
see below for features.

I served with the pci 324 and pc (xp). At the base (coupled with a 24 IO and other mk2 2408) for the studio that I had and now as an amateur.

for drivers, it is another thing, the problem is not expanding, but the pci card. with some log as cubase, you must set the asio drivers and it's boring quickly with a PCI 324. for the update, it is nonexistent with this card, on a system older than XP you have to go on the PCI 424.

this card can by itself, the 32 tracks, if you synchronize octo 3 preamp in addition to these eight analog IO.

for latency, I turn to 6 ms for recording and I increase the buffer to the mix to become more flexible, therefore, its does not bother me to be a 50 ms after the sound.

GETTING STARTED

the installation is super simple for an addition extension, you arm your unit on the map, you start your pc and that's ok

I had the problem of incompatibility with the PCI card 324. it functioned as intel!

the manual and pretty old but apart so if you want to learn a set of cubase vst 32, he has not used much.

I use motu, since 2006, I bought and tried most of their unit and the 2408 and really the most interesting, depending on what wants to have. When closing my studio, I had all sold and I was paid a profire 2626 from M audio, I sold very quickly for me to resume in 2408.

If she came to die, I would resume the same because I love all of this expansion it is flexible and evolutionary system are motu.