- What characteristics have motivated your choice?
Connectivity, the price
- For what purpose?
Small personal recording demos (vocals, guitars, bass, VSTi)
- What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk ,...)?
PC Core2Duo E8500 XP SP3
2 HDDs (80 GB + sys softs / 750 GB Audio)
- Which instruments or systems you use it? ... Samson C01 mic, various guitars
- The installation is done it without problems?
No bp for installing this card and its drivers
- Have you experienced any incompatibilities?
None to date
- The general configuration is easy?
Yes the setup is simple
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
- The drivers are stable?
So far, I've never really had a bp of stability with the drivers. The only "trouble" light clicks are encountered due to overcharging PC (heavy audio projects)
- Are they often updated?
The product no longer manufactured, there is more MAJ
- What software do you use most often? Cubase SX3, various plugins and VSTi
- What you get lag?
It depends on the projects, but the latency is acceptable in all cases
- How many tracks do you manage to record / playback simultaneously? ...
For the record, I only used 2 tracks at once without pb.
For reading, I'm already mounted without too much trouble to 10 or 12 tracks with a bunch of plugins and VSTi
- For how long have you been using it?
I use it for over 2 years
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
I liked the simplicity of installation and use, compatibility (with my stuff anyway), connector
What I like least is the lack of an XLR with phantom power.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
I had a few years ago Maxistudio ISIS.
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
At the time, the value for money is very suitable
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
Not anymore because technology has evolved considerably audio cards (firewire, usb2) but if it was still 2003, I redeemed without pb!