[NAMM] Keith McMillen debuts the SoftStep 2
The second generation of the SoftStep programmable pedal will be officially introduced by Keith McMillen at NAMM 2014 on Thursday.
Keith McMillen listened to the users of the first generation and brought the following new features to the SoftStep 2:
- New cruciform shape for the pressure sensitive pads
- Brighter LED backlit pads
- State recall in Standalone Mode
- Memory and processing speed are now twice faster
- User tables
Keith McMillen also updated the firmware and the editor, both new versions are compatible with the first SoftStep. They bring a much faster loading time with 500MB less memory, advanced modes for Key Lockout, MSB and LSB pitch bend support and the ability to setup MSB and LSB for bank messages.
NAMM visitors will have the opportunity to discover this new version on Thursday, and the details are expected soon at www.keithmcmillen.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!