Radial Engineering Headbone VT
Radial Engineering Headbone VT
cestode cestode
Publié le 12/13/09 à 03:26
An original system that connects two tube amp heads on the same baffle.
Bought few months ago, at the time I found very little review of the product once I threw myself into the water.
For nothing very complex characteristics, 2 inputs and 2 outputs to connect the amp heads, an outlet to the cabinet, an input for a footswitch and 2 inputs for connecting the guitar (direct or buffered).
2 heads are adjusted on the impedance that matches the cabinet, everything is connected (in the manual found all useful information for wiring - however everything is in English) and voila. Usage is fairly simple.

My opinion on this system is very well built, the signal is perfectly preserved, the sound is not distorted. So nothing wrong with that.
I have however seen a slight delay to move from one head to another when you press the footswitch change is not instantaneous (it's still really light - force-I got used to and I ' instinctively anticipates that small defect without even realizing it - but at first it may be a bit confusing).
Another point to clarify in the manual explained that one should not plug effect in effects loops heads at the risk of having a few problems and it is therefore advisable to everything between the guitar and Headbone . The trouble is that I use a reverb and delay for one of my head, and putting them in this configuration entailed a yucky metallic echo that was my favorite cut my belongings. So I called the vendor for advice on this and he reassured me by telling me that I could put them in the loop of my amp without causing damage, and it should no longer be any worries. For more than a problem, I have this echo metal and everything works perfectly.

In summary, this is a good system that makes his job. I think that's the only system that offers the market to play with 2 heads of tube amps in a single cabinet which probably explains the price a bit high (250 to 300 euros nine) said that when you do not want of having to drag or two speakers that likes to have a sound that sort of a single speaker, this system is ideal.
The pros: the sound is not distorted, usage is simple.
The -: the little delay when switching from one head to another, and for the price we also regret the absence of the footswitch in the package.