Line 6 POD Farm
Line 6 POD Farm

Software Amp Simulator from Line 6 belonging to the POD Farm series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/15/09 à 09:29
(Originally written by Gam/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
- Did you have any problems during the installation?

No problems.

I use the VST Platinium version for my Pod X3 Live.

It's totally free!!! Thank you Line 6.

A small con for Pod X3 owners is that it's not compatible as standalone.

I hope Line 6 makes it compatible so that we don't have to use Gearbox.

Authorization via Monkey. Ultra easy!

What about the user's manual? No need for user's manual, the VST is very intuitive.

- What's your computer setup? (motherboard/CPU/RAM/HDD/sound card..)

Athlon 2400 XP with 1 GB Ram. I connect the S/PDIF output of my Pod X3 Live to my M-Audio 2496 sound card.

- How is the performance? (if measurable)

It doesn't require too much CPU power as Guitar Rig 3. I can use two instances without a problem. But in DualTone mode it requires much more computer resource.

- What about the hardware+software configuration stability?

I use it with Reaper. No crashes, perfect stability.

- How long have you been using it?

About three weeks.

- Which feature do you like the most / the least?

The most:

User interface. But not as good as the old Line 6 Edit, which provided instant access to all parameters.

The GUI looks nice. I don't like the MacOS X-like cover flow.

The drop-down menus are very useful.

Pleasant to use. I like the different categories (much clearer than the POD).

The least:

No Midi implementation. It's a big disadvantage for an amp and pedalboard software. Due to that many effects are useless (wah-wah, bender, etc.).

The effect chain is virtually non-editable. Competitor products are much better at that!

It was conceived for reamping.

IMHO it's a really dumb idea to reproduce Line 6's hardware limitations in a VST plugin. We want more possibilities!

- Did you try any other models before buying it?

Yes, many others but I never found a better sound.

- How would you rate its value for money?

Free for X3 owners. The value for money could be better.

- Based on your experience, would you buy this product again?

Of course. I find it sounds excellent, better than any other VST on the market.

Similar products never convinced me.

But I find the X3 Live sounds much better. The sound is more accurate. It must be due to the dedicated DSP.