< Tous les avis Silverspike RubyTube [Freeware]
Silverspike RubyTube [Freeware]
Silverspike RubyTube [Freeware]
Published on 12/20/10 at 22:42
Silverspike’s RubyTube plug-in is a freebee that’s just available for Windows platforms as a VST plug-in. I don’t have a system where I can run this anymore, but when I did it was a nice little free plug-in to have. I don’t remember much at all about the process of downloading and installing it as it was a while back now. However, as long as you can find a spot to download it and you have proper compatible happening, you should be all good to go. Using the plug-in also shouldn’t prove to be too hard, as there’s just a few simple parameters to be aware of. These include knobs for shape, drive, and output, as well as buttons for a limiter and shaper button. It’s really that simple as just playing around with it for a few minutes should give you a good idea of what it’s all about. There are decent enough presets to get you started if you want to go that way as well. I don’t know if a manual ever was made for this one…

While I was running the Silverspike RubyTube plug-in, it was in Cubase SX 2.0 and later in 3. I had a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv8000 lap top which had a 3.0 Ghz processor and 2 GB of RAM. I’m not running it any more since I’ve had Pro Tools for a few years now which it’s not compatible for unless you’re running it on Windows and with a VST to RTAS plug-in wrapper. For those who can actually run it, I don’t think you’ll be experiencing much performance issues since it takes up a very low amount of processing power.

The Silverspike RubyTube [freeware] is a pretty early on VST plug-in that aims to emulate the sound of tubes. Of course this is no easy task, and while plug-ins have gotten better, when this was issued it really wasn’t too close. That isn’t to say that this plug-in can’t be helpful to you – just don’t expect it to be a replacement for getting real tube warmth. It’s fine for adding a bit of body and thickness to your sound, as I used to use it mostly for vocals even though it’s suitable for any instrument or voice. Not too many will be able to run this, but if you have a properly compatible system, it’s one that you might as well try for yourself if you’re at all interested…