Create an account

or

Thread !!HELP!! MIDI CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED BUT STILL NO MIDI INPUT COMING TRU

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 !!HELP!! MIDI CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED BUT STILL NO MIDI INPUT COMING TRU
HI GUYS,

I'd really appreciate any help right now. I've been trying to fix this for days!

I am running Reason on my new MacBook. I have a Roland XP-80 Keyboard connected up to my Midiman (M-Audio) Midisport (2x2). This is connected straight into my MAcBook by USB.

The problem is as follows:

I have installed the latest driver for the Midisport 2x2. When I use the Audio MIDI setup in Mac OS X, the MacBook recognizes the Midisport just fine. When I test the setup and press my keyboard in this same window, the midi signals are recognized just fine!

When going onto reason, I have set up my control surface and reason also recognizes the surface (I get the green tick :)). However, when I press the keyboard in reason, there is no signal coming through.

After playing about with reason, i decided to mess around with the advanced midi settings. I assigned buss a to my midisport 2x2. Know. I then found some further options where i could mess around with the midid even more on the actual reason interface (not in the settings, but on the "midi in device"). Channel 1 recieves the midi signals when I play on the keyboard. I decided to assign channel one to one of the reason instrumental, and it plays the instrument just fine. I find this so very confusing!!?? I can not get it to recieve the signal on the actual reason instrumental, but it will recieve a signal in the "midi in device".

I am absolutely lost, I have tried everything inside my mind that I can think of and I am sure I have got my wires the right way round lol!!!.

At first I throught my Midisport controller was faulty, but I tried other controllers and have the same problem. It used to work fine, but I stopped using it for a few month and this new problem has come up!!

All I want to do is to be able to simply play my reason instruments!!

PLEASE HELP!!!
go to prefrences/ control suface and keyboards/click on add/manufacturer /whereit say not selected select your keyboard/at the bottom it say midi input from the drop down list select your sound card click OK