Tascam's DR-40 features adjustable condenser microphones, four track recording and XLR mic inputs.
The DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal microphones are adjustable from XY to AB position. A pair of microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, you can play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. You can transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and more.
- Handheld 4-track Portable Recorder
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR / 1/4” mic/line input with phantom power
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- Record the built-in microphones with the XLR mic or line input for a four-track recording
- Dual recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40 / 80 / 120 Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8” headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA), or USB bus power
- Optional RC-3F footswitch and RC-10 wired remote control
Pricing & Availability:
The Tascam DR-40 is available now at an estimated street price of $199. An optional BP-6AA Battery Pack, which takes six AA batteries, is designed to increase the battery life of the DR-40 from 17.5 to over 50 hours. This battery pack is designed to attach itself to DR-40 and a tripod allowing users to record without the use of an AC adapter or a computer.
BP-6AA will be available in October 2011.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Midas PRO2/PRO2C Midas has launched the latest additions to its PRO Series of digital consoles, the Midas PRO2 and PRO2C live audio systems, at PLASA 2011, stand 1-F19.
- Midas VeniceF-16R Midas has launched the VeniceF-16R, a 16-channel rack mount variant of its new ‘digi-log’ mixing console, the VeniceF.
- Roland R-26 Portable Field Recorder Roland has introduced the Roland R-26 portable field recorder – a multi-dimensional recorder that provides up to six simultaneous channels of audio recording to SD/SDHC media.