[NAMM] Line 6 updates its POD HD and DT amps
Line 6 announced new updates for the DT Series guitar amplifiers and the POD HD multi-effects processors.
Firmware v2.0 for the DT Series amps adds:
- 26 new HD preamps (30 in total) that can be combined with any of the Reinhold Bogner’s reconfigurable tube power amp topology (four negative feedback loop options, A or AB operating class, pentode/triode power tube configuration, 12AX7 normal/boost, B+ voltage phase inverter high/low and feedback capacitor)
- Save 8 original voicings (4 per channel)
- Configure each voicing with a choice of 12 reverbs, each with unique parameter settings
- Switching between Channel A and Channel B now includes reverb spillover, which lets your reverb finish its decay when you switch channels
- Set the 12AX7 boost per amp model (DT50 only)
The Firwmare V2.0 is available for download at line6.com/dtv2update/, it requires the Line 6 Monkey update software and a USB-MIDI interface.
New in firmware v2.1 for the POD HD multi-effects processors:
- 3 new HD models based on the clean, crunch and overdrive sounds of the Soldano SLO100 amplifier
- 2 original "High Gain" models: Line 6 Doom and Line 6 Epic
- POD HD500 and POD HD Pro can be used with StageSource loudspeakers for a "Full Range Flat Response" guitar setup
- StageSource loudspeakers Smart Speaker modes can be selected with the POD HD presets, which allows for changing the sound of the guitar and the loudspeaker setup
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.