Mack Amps Gem 2G
The new Gem '2G' guitar amplifier is now available.
According to Mack Amps, the Gem 2nd Generation (2G), available for $449.00, features overdrive and distortion voicing, and its two gain stages can now be selected by a foot switch.
The Gem 2G includes Mack's power switching feature that is designed to lower its output from 4 watts to 0.4 watts without changing tone. The 2G tones come from an EL84 power tube.
The Gem 2G:
- 4 watts switchable to 0.4 watts
- 1 X EL84 cathode biased, Class A
- 1 x NOS 6AC10 triple triode preamp tube
- Switchable preamp gain stages/channels - front panel and footswitch
- Volume, gain, tone controls
- Anodized aluminum, red cabinet
- 8" W x 5 1/2" H x 4" D
- 4 lb
- 117/120 VAC, 60 Hz
For more info, visit mackamps.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!