sE Electronics sERN17
The sERN17 is added to the sE Rupert Neve range of mics.
Using a hand-wound transformer, this pencil mic has a 17mm gold sputtered Mylar capsule. The mic ships with a Cardioid capsule, in a wooden presentation case, and with 5 canisters to hold the Cardioid capsule shipped with the mic, and further Supercardioid, Omni, Hypercardioid and Figure of 8 capsules which are available to purchase separately.
The whole system is then packaged in a flight-case with a custom shock mount.
- Acoustical operating principle : Pressurecondensor
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% : 150 dB
- Directional pattern : Cardioid
- Maximum output voltage : 4V
- Frequency range : 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted) : 131 dB
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm : -44.5±0.5dBV/Pa(6mV/Pa)
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) : 48 V ± 4 V
- Rated impedance :200 ohms
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) : 3mA
- Rated load impedance : 1 kohm
- Matching connectors : XLR3F
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR : 23 dB
- Weight : 248 g
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted : 18 dB
- Diameter : 44 mm
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) : 69 dB
- Length : 200 mm
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) : 74 dB
Check out www.seelectronics.com for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- ADAM A3X Review An ADAM speaker for under $300? Yes, what used to be a dream is now reality thanks to the small A3X equipped with a 4.5" woofer and the German manufacturer's famous ribbon tweeter. Does it have everything a big speaker has?
- [NAMM] Neumann Mics Get 2 TEC Awards This year, two products of from microphone manufacturer Neumann have been distinguished by the Outstanding Technical Achievement TEC Award at the NAMM Show: the large-diaphragm microphone TLM 102, and the KMS 104 plus.
- Tascam DP-03 Tascam introduced its new DP-03 8-track Digital Portastudio.