Create an account

Audience: Beginners Value For Money : Correct
  • djnysosdjnysos

Careful!!!

Electro-Voice ELX112PPublished on 12/04/14 at 15:53
    I will make a faithful transcription of what I discussed with my local dealer and the surprising finding we made.

EV has partnered up with dinacord audio, dynacord provides the amp and EV the sub, that's broadly how it is, to sum it up.

My dealer quit dynacord audio because they are expensive and have too many lows, in his opinion, and it makes him heady, plus we found out something very surprising today. You can get a dynacord for, at least, 150 euros less if you buy an electro voice LOL and there's no difference, I must say.

My dealer called a big wholesaler directly and he gave us more information. For example, the difference between the zlx and elx series is real, but not that big, and the dsp of the zlx series was taken directly from the high-end ev ETX series.
    I ordered today two ZLX 12P and I think I'll get them in a couple of days.

Further, the ELX is at the end of its days so be careful when you make your choice.

One last remark, considering that the elx series has the same amp, obviously, and it has a woofer, I think there's no point in getting an elx sub, like the elx 118p, because one speaker provides enough lows, so, to drive a big sub with the damping factor it has I think you should have more speakers ...
  • lolo1971lolo1971

ev elx 112 passive version

Electro-Voice ELX112PPublished on 06/03/13 at 03:37
    I bought a pair of theses speakers less than a month ago and they are great (250w rms)! Very good sound reproduction across the entire frequency range from 50 hz to 18khz! I used them with a crown xli 1500 amp (2x330 rms) and it's perfect, although lacking a bit of lows, it's a 12-inch speaker! But, coupled with a subwoofer to extend the low end, they are perfect!

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)