Numark iDEC

All user reviews for the Numark iDEC

• JimboSpinsJimboSpins

For audio or video

Numark iDECPublished on 10/25/12 at 23:36
    The Numark iDec is a rackmountable iPod player and recorder. The dock on it is pretty universal for your MP3 style players. All you have to do is put your iPod on the dock and you will be able to play your songs out loud or your videos on a external screen. This unit is very easy to set up because there is no set up at all. Just plug it in, and put your iPod player on the deck and start listening or watching. One of the main features of the iDec is that you can record directly to your iPod.

The iDec can be rackmounted, it will take up 2 rack spaces. There is no other digital ins or outs just 2 RCA ins and 2 RCA outs, it does have video outs too. It does come with everything you need right out of the box to start using it except the iPod which you will have to buy on your own if you don’t already own one.

If you have a 5th generation or classic iPod, or even a iPod nano 2nd or 3rd generation you can record directly to your iPod from the iDec. It will record 16bit 44.1kHz resolution directly to your iPod. I have used the iDec to project video mainly for my shows. It has allowed me to sync videos to the songs that I am playing or sync any video I want to be on the screen for visuals.
    I am very happy that I made the choice to purchase the iDec, it has added some much needed visual entertainment to my sets. I do not regret my decision to use it at all, it has held up great for me and it is easy to read even in a dark club. I do not use it much for the audio, but the video capabilities of it are great. It was well worth the 200 dollars that it cost.