[AES] AEA launches the N8 ribbon microphone
AEA was at AES 2014 to introduce the second 48V phantom powered ribbon mic in the NUVO series, the N8.
Following the N22, the N8 shows Wes Dooley’s new approach of ribbon microphones with an original design that is phantom powered.
The N8 uses the same 1.88 micron pure aluminum Big Ribbon as on the R44 mic (4.7mm width and 59.7mm length).
- Pressure gradient ribbon microphone
- Bidirectional (figure 8) polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 141dB SPL
- Recommended load impedance: 1 kOhms minimum
- Output impedance: 92 Ohms
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Requires a 48V / 7mA phantom power
- Dimensions: 32.4 x 4.1 x 4.1cm
The AEA N8 ribbon microphone is manufactured in Pasadena, California and ships is a box with a clip and a protection pouch. Pairs of matched microphones are available for stereo operations. Unit price announced is US $1098. More info at www.wesdooley.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.