[AES] AEA launches the N8 ribbon microphone
AEA was at AES 2014 to introduce the second 48V phantom powered ribbon mic in the NUVO series, the N8.
Following the N22, the N8 shows Wes Dooley’s new approach of ribbon microphones with an original design that is phantom powered.
The N8 uses the same 1.88 micron pure aluminum Big Ribbon as on the R44 mic (4.7mm width and 59.7mm length).
- Pressure gradient ribbon microphone
- Bidirectional (figure 8) polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 141dB SPL
- Recommended load impedance: 1 kOhms minimum
- Output impedance: 92 Ohms
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Requires a 48V / 7mA phantom power
- Dimensions: 32.4 x 4.1 x 4.1cm
The AEA N8 ribbon microphone is manufactured in Pasadena, California and ships is a box with a clip and a protection pouch. Pairs of matched microphones are available for stereo operations. Unit price announced is US $1098. More info at www.wesdooley.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Barefoot introduces the MicroMain45 monitors Barefoot completes its MicroMain series of compact powered studio monitors with a 3-way and 4-speaker model, the MicroMain 45.
- [AES] The Munro Egg studio monitors rebranded Designers of the Egg 150 monitors were at AES to announce the rebranding of their product.
- [AES] New Gibson LP monitors with Sunburst finish Gibson introduced at AES 2014 a new series of Les Paul Tribute powered monitors, with three models sporting the look of the LP guitars.