WTPA 8-bit DIY Sampler
Todd Bailey has introduced an 8-bit sampler for all the Lo-Fi and DIY lovers out there.
- 8-bit max sample depth, 1-bit minimum.
- 20kHz (or so, user adjustable) max sample rate, no minimum.
- 512k SRAM, about 26 seconds (minimum) or sample time.
- Big, versatile 6 button, 7 knob, 8 LED user interface. For Cavemen.
- Big and versatile full MIDI control in and out capability. Sequenceable. For people who use Live and general bespectacled electronic music nerds.
- Sample banking -- multi-timbral recording, playback and audio processing across all banks.
- Sample multiplication, XOR, ABS, and all sorts of other weird sample processing and cross-modulation.
- Real time overdubbing.
- Preferences saved in permanent memory.
- Hackable analog clock source which can be syncronized to other synths.
- Non-Hackable crystal clock source.
- Programmable clock jitter, bit rate reduction, aliasing, and sample clock errors all adjustable in real time.
- On-The-Fly Granular reconstruction of samples.
- Full pitch control of samples.
- Self test mode for debugging.
- 2.8Hz-357kHz frequency response (measured).
- Sub-audible noise floor.
Pricing & Availability
The circuitry alone is available for $75. Up to you to find a casing, powering, connectors and controllers.
All the necessary information exists on the creator's webpage, though.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Beilfuss Step Synthesizer Beilfuss assures their new step synthesizer will bring "new, never before heard, electronic sounds to music."
- Kreativ Sounds SequenceK THOR Sounds [Donationware] Kreativ Sounds released SequenceK THOR Sounds, a collection of sounds that explores and combines all the features of this synthesizer, according to the company.
- SoundsDivine New Analogue SoundsDivine has programmed a preset bank for Image Sawer Line.