Raw Material Software JUCE v1.5
Raw Material Software has announced the release of version 1.50 of JUCE, the cross-platform C++ toolkit for developing applications and plug-ins on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Some new features include:
- All Mac native code has been ported from Carbon to Cocoa. (There are a few exceptions, e.g. audio plug-ins, where Carbon support is still needed, but these remnants can easily be phased out in the future when no longer needed).
- Amalgamated builds: The entire Juce library can now be added to your application as a single (very large) cpp file. This can speed up builds (no need to build the juce library) and simplify project management, as well as making it easy to handle multiple juce projects that all need the library to be built with different settings.
- Support for browser plug-ins. In a similar way to building audio plug-ins, you can now build NPAPI and ActiveX browser plug-ins.
- Support for webcams. The CameraDevice class makes it easy to show a preview of a camera, and to stream its input to a video file.
Viewers of this article also read...
- XLN Audio Modern Jazz—Sticks ADpack for Addictive Drums Modern Jazz—Sticks features a Premier Gen-X kit with a Ludwig Acrolite snare along with cymbals and percussion from Sabian, Meinl and Paiste.
- Sonic Lion Nitrox Update Sonic Lion has updated Nitrox to v1.10.
- IK Multimedia ARC Available as TDM IK Multimedia is pleased to announce that ARC System is now available as a TDM plug-in for use within Digidesign's Pro Tools|HD Accel DAW platform.