Arturia BeatStep Pro

BeatStep Pro, Sequencer from Arturia.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Arturia BeatStep Pro

Average Score:5.0(5/5 based on 1 review)
 1 user review100 %
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Excellent
Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
View price information
One pages07/22/2018

One pages's review"Easy to use, efficient and practical!"

Arturia BeatStep Pro
I’ve used in in a homestudio with a DRM1, a Doepfer modular, a Matrix 1000, a TX81Z, a SUB 37, an Alpha Juno, a Werstatt, Cubase and OSX.

Once the firmware updated, no compatibility problem so far.

The metal box seems sturdy, it’s heavy, the knobs are sturdy and velocity-sensitive.

In my opinion, the most interesting part of it is how it can be used with all sorts of synths and drum machines. It’s practical, easy-to-use, the multiple outputs are a great feature and I like the simplicity of the TR-type sequencer with the notes displayed to make editing easier.
I also like the roller which allows to replay a part of que sequence in 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 loops.

Computer editing provides the same features as the machine with additional dedicated MIDI mods for each pad and knob, which is practical and easy to use.

Though I haven’t really gone through it, there is a Swing feature which shifted my sequences when I tried to reset it, which is quite surprising.

In the end, I really love it and while some might say there are more complex (and complete) sequencers (especially in eurorack format for modular synths), I’m very happy with it so far.