All user reviews for the Arturia BeatStep Pro

1 user review
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Excellent
  • Easy to use, efficient and practical!

Arturia BeatStep ProPublié le 07/22/18 à 06:57
    I’ve used in in a homestudio with a DRM1, a Doepfer modular, a Matrix 1000, a TX81Z, a SUB 37, an Alpha Juno, a Werstatt, Cubase and OSX.

Once the firmware updated, no compatibility problem so far.

The metal box seems sturdy, it’s heavy, the knobs are sturdy and velocity-sensitive.

In my opinion, the most interesting part of it is how it can be used with all sorts of synths and drum machines. It’s practical, easy-to-use, the multiple outputs are a great feature and I like the simplicity of the TR-type sequencer with the notes displayed to make editing easier.
    I also like the roller which allows to replay a part of que sequence in 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 loops.

Computer editing provides......

Once the firmware updated, no compatibility problem so far.

Computer editing provides the same features as the machine with additional dedicated MIDI mods for each pad and knob, which is practical and easy to use.

Though I haven’t really gone through it, there is a Swing feature which shifted my sequences when I tried to reset it, which is quite surprising.

In the end, I really love it and while some might say there are more complex (and complete) sequencers (especially in eurorack format for modular synths), I’m very happy with it so far.