To celebrate 50 years since the introduction of this design, Gibson USA unveils the SG Standard 24, a guitar designed to ‘’capture the classic ingredients of Gibson's double-cutaway solidbody model, with a few twists to make it more versatile for today's performer.’’
Like the SGs of the past 50 years, the SG Standard 24 starts with a solid mahogany body and glued-in quarter-sawn mahogany neck.
To update the format for the 21st century, Gibson USA gives the SG Standard 24 the 24-fret neck that its name implies, with the
uppermost of its medium-jumbo frets accessible thanks to the SG's double-cutaway design.
- Solid Mahogany body with Antique Ebony finish
- Gold 50th Anniversary logo silkscreen on headstock
- SG rounded neck profile
- Two Gibson '57 Classic pickups
- Vintage-style tuners with pearloid tulip buttons and 14:1 gear ratio
Pricing & Finish
Visit Gibson for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.