Crate GFX-65
MGR/BleedMetal MGR/BleedMetal

« Crate GFX65 »

Publié le 03/12/04 à 15:00
I need a slightly more powerful amp for home. I have a Fender Frontman 15G that I got with the Squier Pack a little while ago. I bought the GFX65 for $359.00 at Guitar Center after listening to the 120 watt version and I thought it sounded good in all FX modes and it had a nice built in tuner. Boy was I wrong

There is really nothing I like about the GFX65, well maybe the case. The effects are OK when they work.

The speaker cracks and pops on every note. Don't turn the either gain up because the hissing noise is unbearable.

It seems pretty rugged. The back plane is wide open with a cheap jack panel for the three button foot pedal. That thing seems like it's made of cardboard too.

Don't buy this amp. It went back today and I paid a little extra and got a Marshall Combo. NOTE: My wife and I have this on going argument about the value of things and this really proved my point. You have to PAY for quality. IF you buy cheap you will not get good quality!