• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Crate GX130C

Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
MGR/Anonymous07/23/2011

MGR/Anonymous's review"Crate GX-130C"

Crate GX130C
I wasn't looking for one of these amps. I saw one used at a music store for $99. A 212 130 watt amp for $99 dollars....! I plugged it in and tried it. I fell in love right away! First of All the clean channel was fantastic! amazing reverb! I dial it to about 2 or 3 and it's perfect. The distortion channel is AMAZING!! you can practice rock/metal etc at low low volumes and it still sounds fantastic. You can't pull that off with a tube amp very well. When I flipped it around to my surprise I saw 2 V12 green celestion speakers. These are loud, clear, and full of low end punch! I could go on and on.. but I think I got a great deal this 99 dollar 2x12 can easily keep up with my Peavey and Marshall tube half stacks all day long. Crate IMHO has the absolute BEST Solid State amp DISTORTION PERIOD!

Should you run into this try it! You may fall in Love with it like I Did!
I have been playing guitar in bands cover and original rock bands since 2006. I play alternative rock/ southern rock/ hard rock/ and classic rock

MGR/Big Ed12/27/2003

MGR/Big Ed's review"Crate GX-130C"

Crate GX130C
how i came to buy a crate solid state? it was over 12 years ago my marshall head wasnt sounding good , so i brought it in to get it re-tubed...they lent me the crate gx-130c and i used it.it sounded awsome and it was more versitile than that 100 watt barking marshall. my band members even liked it better.

i like that it can sound great at low volumes and that its a stereo head with built in reverb and chorus. Plus the distortion channel sounds better than a tube amp

switching from the clean channel to the lead channel is a very drastic change it seems as though there should be a second stage distortion setting.. I dont especially like the fuzzy material they use on it.

its construction is pretty standard .. a box with all the components in place, with a handle on top. no complaints here.

Bottom line - if you come accross one of these heads...let me know,... I wanna get another one to have 2 half stacks