Fender Frontman 10G
Fender Frontman 10G
le troll le troll

«  Cool! »

Published on 05/26/14 at 06:51
10W amp transistor, a switch OD / Clean, Gain, Volume, Treble EQ, bass. An input and a headphone output to the two in Jack 3.5. No effects loop, no speaker output, no onboard effects.

The configuration is it simple?
Uh, I admit I confused Treble and bass, and I still lose between headphone output and Aux ... No, no jokes ...

The manual is clear?
Hahahahahahaha ...

Gets it easy to sound good?
And yeah, it all depends on what is called a good sound, this is not how we will register with the Meshuggah course, but the config is simplistic and quality not too unpleasant for an amp of this size, quickly found what to do with, unless you have surrealistic expectations.

I play with a VM Jazzmaster (Squier) for work, play at night or transplanting what I listen to. Rock (garage, psyche, noise, surf ...), blues and a little of that everything that happens to me in the fingers.
I do not really use the light switch position, I prefer to leave all the time a minimum of grain (between 3 and 4) and fit a little gain when I want more.
The EQ is pretty basic. Not too "quack", pretty soft and effective; we can arrive at some balanced or something instead of colorful enough to work.
What makes his character I think it is mostly the bowl .. This is very "tight" but it works. I've had a week donations not yet tried other than amp office. It must follow some config at the risk of abuse a little (yes, volume up it can be honest) but this tiny bowl that gives his side "ultra tight" and much of its character must miss a little diffusion. To see, I would do an Edit if the heart tells me.

I use it for a week like amp "office" and it served its purpose perfectly. Low volume at night for the neighbors, it can still have character and offer something other than no sound / sound without falling into the "plastic" sound of some of these smaller models. And when you push a little, it becomes a very good amp apart for work, always with that little touch of nature, for that matter!
I have a small Marshall VS30R which now serves me in the workshop for testing guitars or effects so I was looking for a new small size, 15W max for work. I had already spotted the series that I found a bit expensive so secondhand 30 balls I tried not disappointed!
I find the price of a new little expensive but it is a point of view, an amp too dégeu even 10W, 50 Euros is not a criminal either. But between 20 and 30 is perfect.
For those seeking an extra amp simpler, without effects or gadget, just to work or take on the road I highly recommend it. To start also, I think it can be a very good investment for a beginner to know little temper his dreams of rock-star time to tame a little handle and sound! (And I really think this amp can enable starting to tame the sound reminder of the config: gain, volume, bass, treble).
Excellent value for money and so I would do this choice without any hesitation as it has found its place perfectly.