Marshall MG100DFX
Marshall MG100DFX

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall belonging to the MG 2nd Gen series.

dowap dowap
Publié le 08/13/10 à 00:31
Note: I mistakenly posted this review earlier this year on a different model.

Hp 100w amplifier transistor 12 '
Effects: clean / crunch, delay, reverb, mod, preset recording, effects loop Entries: 1 guitar jack, a mini jack line outputs: 1 4ohms speaker mini jack

Above all, I precise that I do not scratch at all, I am most familiar with the world of amps sound / keyboard. So my opinion is probably relative. I know this amp as a member of one of my groups has bought one, so I brought unintentionally to compare it to other composers of my knowledge (various models: Peavey, Vox, Fender, Marshall, transistor , lamp) Config simple? Yes and no: it is an amplifier with gain and master volume, so far nothing very complicated. But the pots are not dials "classic", they are sensors, not very well managed in my opinion. So much so that when one goes from clean to crunch with the volume at a certain level, these levels change, as if one had moved along the Knob ... Example: clean gain with the mini, mini volume. Support to enter crunch: big sound instant, when we should have nothing, since we are the kids ... Same crunch to clean ... Do you get a good sound easy? That is the great defect that made me post this review because I believe it is unbearable not to mention "her" in the sense of artistic creativity but only "its" meaning "his own" no, we do can have a good sound with an amp that is a real factory blast! Turn the gain to the mini, mini volume, mount the master even if only 2: blast worthy of a radio not tuned! And beyond the half, the Storm! I know it's a 100watts, so there is always a little breathless, but not much! And especially low levels. Gain a mini or full, no difference: as if the preamp was always thoroughly and that the gain was only Knob down "virtual" level.

Intolerable problem in my breath, but was rated "sounds" as such, I let the guitarists try this.

I restates that I am not a guitarist, so my advice is worth what it's worth. I hope others will scratch their own. My opinion is based on listening to other models peavey, vox, fender or Marschal transistor or lamp. it is not mine, I found the amp last week, and I fiddled a while ds every direction to try to minimize this fucking blows. Nothing to do. What I love most, for what I know guitar: good power, fairly complete connectivity, nice effects section, can save 4 settings What I like least: blast! breath and the breath yet! And this bug also change the volume between clean and crunch What is your opinion about the value for the price? In view of the other amps scratch that I know, for 400 € you can certainly find a little less wattage, but otherwise the best! The effects section, the storage is good, but what to do with an amp that even at 2 am sending you the mistral? With an amp "usual" blowing qud you push him, at worst it can put less safe and sound return ds. But here, even gain and volume to 0 (which anyway is not used to grd thing ...) and master in 2 or 3, already bcp blast too!
If other guitarists can contradict me, I myself am caught like a ball to cover, the better. But if not, I repeat my old principle: better less power, less frills, but a solid and clean. In this case, perhaps a 40Watts range above, with less fuss, but the storm unmanageable ...