Crate PowerBlock
skysurf51 skysurf51
Published on 01/28/07 at 22:28
Amp transistors, 150 watts mono, 2 times 75 watts stereo, a single channel. Facade in regulation of gain, 3 band EQ, volume and basta.
Headphones (with simulation of hp), XLR line output (level adjustable), effects loop, CD input.
No reverb.

Very simple configuration, which amounts to 5 buttons. A single channel, which will saturate a clean sounds (crunch). With the gain saturation gives background to the AC / DC. No big metal donc.Le sound convincing enough. The receiver captures the dynamics.
The manual is clear, against the wiring diagram is wrong.

The amp can play a lot of styles (jazz, blues, rock), except the metal.
I use a Washburn X40-Pro. 2 doubles and split. The receiver captures the different configurations of microphones.
The amp sounds great in clear as saturates. The distortion sounds somewhat reminiscent of Marshall. Playing with the EQ you get to have a sharp sound as well as sounds plump. For cons, I think he does not hesitate to push the sharp, otherwise it is quite dark.
I do not like the headphone output. The simulation of HP did not convince me. It seems she is also on the line out, and you can not disable it, so it is a negative point.

I use the amp for four months.
What makes this particular amp is its size and weight for the lower power settings.
Another plus is that it possesses an effects loop, and can be used to by-pass the preamp, and use only the section SONC amplification. It allows to add a preamp EXTREN or multi-effects or amp modeling.
Since I paid the $ 99 device, I would say the quality / price is excellent.
This is an amp that sounds good, which is very convenient, highly portable (it comes with his bag), and very cheap.

I made a short video on youtube for the amp to hear sounds clearly and saturates the amplifier: