[NAMM] The SSL VHD Pre in 500 format
SSL announced at NAMM the release in March of the API 500 version of its VHD Pre solid-state mic preamp.
The VHD Pre Module is a versatile mic preamp based on the SSL Duality preamp section. You can use it for a SuperAnalogue-style clean sound, but its VHD (Variable Harmonic Drive) switch engages a fully analog signal path to generate distortion: by increasing the VHD input gain, the module add 2nd, 3rd or a blend of both harmonics to the input source. When the gain is decreased, this circuit adds tube-like warmth.
- SuperAnalogue quality microphone preamp
- VHD distortion circuit
- Switchable low-pass filter (15 - 500 Hz)
- Hi-Z switch
- +48V phantom power switch
- Pad for line level use
- Phase reverse switch
- Gain range: +20 / +75 dB
- Drive control to select between 2nd, 3rd harmonics or a blend of both (continuously variable)
- Output trim : -20 / +20 dB
The SSL VHD Pre Module will be available in March for $699 / 503,37 € + VAT. More info at www.solidstatelogic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Peavey PV AT mixers Peavey and Antares collaborated this year to design a new series of mixers with built-in Auto-Tune automatic pitch correction.
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Roland MX-1 Here is a presentation, at the Roland booth at NAMM 2015, of the new digital mixer MX-1 in the Aira Series.
- [NAMM] New Midas M32 mixers Last year, Midas introduced the large M32 mixing console. They are debuting this year at NAMM two new smaller models.