SSL announced at NAMM the release in March of the API 500 version of its VHD Pre solid-state mic preamp.
The VHD Pre Module is a versatile mic preamp based on the SSL Duality preamp section. You can use it for a SuperAnalogue-style clean sound, but its VHD (Variable Harmonic Drive) switch engages a fully analog signal path to generate distortion: by increasing the VHD input gain, the module add 2nd, 3rd or a blend of both harmonics to the input source. When the gain is decreased, this circuit adds tube-like warmth.
- SuperAnalogue quality microphone preamp
- VHD distortion circuit
- Switchable low-pass filter (15 – 500 Hz)
- Hi-Z switch
- +48V phantom power switch
- Pad for line level use
- Phase reverse switch
- Gain range: +20 / +75 dB
- Drive control to select between 2nd, 3rd harmonics or a blend of both (continuously variable)
- Output trim : –20 / +20 dB
The SSL VHD Pre Module will be available in March for $699 / 503,37 € + VAT. More info at www.solidstatelogic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.