or
Create an account

or

Thread Huge recording problem.

• 6 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Huge recording problem.
Hello everybody, my name is Nicolas, I come from Rome and this is my first post here.
I've found this forum while looking with google for a way to solve my problem.
I hope I'm posting in the right thread...
Here's a description of the problem: when I start recording on my computer and then listen to what I've done, I notice that after a few seconds a sort of rotating effect (something like a heavy Flanger) is added to the audio file.
At first I thought it was a problem with my CoolEditPro2 software (which I've used for years without any problems), but then I realized that all the software that I have do the same, from Cubase SX to the crappy Windows XP audio recorder.
I'm totally desperate, and really have no clue about what to do....
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance.
are you recording through your internal soundcarrd, or external soundcard?

It sounds like a total hardware issue, not software. Either that or something is horribly wrong with the way XP processes the audio.

good luck
I've got an internal soundcard... I just hope that you're wrong and that the situation is not that critical!...:o (But thanks anyway for the interest...;))

Anybody else have an idea of what's going on?...
You say your Cool Edit used to work fine. What changed and when?
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD

%1$s a écrit You say your Cool Edit used to work fine. What changed and when?

Heeee, that's a question that a friend of mine asked me too: I've installed many programs since, but I cannot think of anything that could have come in contrast with the fact of recording stuff on the pc.... they are mostly games, but I cannot recall precisely all the programs.

Another weird thing: I remeber that the first time the problem occurred, it was actually in the MIDDLE of a session, I recorded a couple of bass tracks with my bassist and then a couple of guitars one, then the last one came out with the awful rotating effect... (so I'm not sure if the problem lies in having made new installations...)
that sounds like you need to fix your sound card. i can't think of any software issue that would produce that universally in every program. If its completely consistant in every way you can listen to the mic in jack (windows recorder, Cool Edit, etc), then i think it would be safe to either get your soundcard replaced or diagnosed by a techie.

that shouldn't be too expensive or serious, so i guess thats good news. but there's no way of knowing for sure.

good luck

%1$s a écrit that sounds like you need to fix your sound card. i can't think of any software issue that would produce that universally in every program. If its completely consistant in every way you can listen to the mic in jack (windows recorder, Cool Edit, etc), then i think it would be safe to either get your soundcard replaced or diagnosed by a techie.

that shouldn't be too expensive or serious, so i guess thats good news. but there's no way of knowing for sure.

good luck

*sig* I'll probably end up doing so... I'll continue checking around a bit on the forums, and if nothing works-----> techie

Thanks anyway :)