or
Create an account

or

Thread How do I add reverb to my vocal recording without recording the reverb

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 How do I add reverb to my vocal recording without recording the reverb
I am trying to add reverb while I'm singing. But I do not want to record the reverb.

my mic is on the channel 1 on my Behringer UB1204FX mixer.
The mixer's ALT3-4 is connected to the computer soundcard L/R input.
The computer soundcard L/R output is connected to the mixer channel 7/8.
Channel 1's FX knob is turned all the way down so that I don't send any effects from the channel 1.
Channel 7's FX knob is turned way up, so I can add effect to the output sound from the soundcard (I sense no delay between my singing and the output sound so I'm using the output sound to monitor my singing).

So I record using a sequencer, thinking that my voice was recorded without the reverb. But when I play back I still hear that the reverb was recorded along with the vocal. When I hear the playback through the channel 7, ofcourse I turn the FX knob on that channel all the way down (so I could hear what was recorded).

But I still hear the reverb. Help me.

The mixer topview picutre is on the following site.

http://www.behringer.com/02_products/proddetail.cfm?lang=ENG&id=UB1204FX&t

ype=225',%20780,400)

thanks,
unsaint
Download the spec sheet from the Behringer site. It has a block diagram that shows how the signls rout through your board. You should be able to use that diagram to figure out a way.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess you have the Main/Alt switch set to Alt. It should be main for what you're trying to do.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD