or
Create an account

or

Thread Record onto Boss BR532 or directly into PC?

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Record onto Boss BR532 or directly into PC?
Right now my method goes as follows.

I record onto my Boss BR532. I then plug the RCA Outs into the Mic port of my laptop and transfer the recording into my studio software. Am I going one step too far for no reason?

Should I just phase the BR532 out and plug directly into the computer? Will I lose or gain quality this way?

My 532 also has a Smart Media card, but my computer does not have any way to read Smart Media. Is there any way to make my laptop Smart Media compatible? Or like I said earlier, should I just plug directly into the laptop? Is anyone familiar with this scenario? Thanks :)
i would suggest getting something to transfer your recordings digitaly ie: smart media card if you have it...... the boss has a better analog to digital converter than the sound card on your laptop. im sure they make some type of card for your lap top to read these things..... forgive me as i am not too informed about smart media cards.
Thanks for the insight!
I have stumbled across this little gadget.

http://www.meritline.com/riripcadfors1.html

Only $12 too! I am going to make sure that is for Smart Media music though. I learned the hard way that Smart Media can mean different types of cards{Picture, music etc.}
I will ask about this on the company's forum and report back in case anyone else is curious.