or
Create an account

or

Thread recording vocal track - help!! (Go easy - I'm a newbie!)

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 recording vocal track - help!! (Go easy - I'm a newbie!)
I'm assuming that many of you have managed to successfully do this, but I'm having some problems. I'm running Cakewalk MC2003 on WinXP and I've followed instructions given in their 'help manual', in the 'tutorials' etc but still can't get the thing to work. Yes I've enabled the soundcard to record, I've plugged my microphone (SM58) into the microphone socket on the front of my laptop (is this my basic problem by the way - should it go through my amp first then to the laptop? or can it just go straight in?). If I unplug microphone and use the tinny in-built thing then I do get a recording of sorts but it's full of horrendous feedback which can be heard next door! Has anyone got a simple idiot-proof walkthrough for this?

I've spent ages recording this one single track and I'm now spending equally as long just getting the dreaded vocals on top of it. Many thanks.
you need some kind of interface to plug in a XLR connection into your laptop (a analog to digital converter preamp) edirol makes some M-audio makes some, search on google.....for those brands youll see what i mean