or
Create an account

or

Thread using external mixers/processors in already recorded songs??

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 using external mixers/processors in already recorded songs??
sry, this might be a bit confusing to understand........
is it possible to playback my songs from my digital multitrack (korg D1200) to an outside mixer plus processors and alter the sound in playback........so basically...how do i run tracks from songs already recorded to external processors/mixers so that i can add for example compression to a track already recorded...?????
After checking on this unit, it seems that it offers 8 effects sends, and this will solve the compression problem. Say you want to compress track 2. Connect your compressor to effects send 1 (for example), and send track 2 to effects send 1. The signal associated with this track will go through the compressor before being sent to the output of the board. I couldn't find if the sends are pre- or post-fader, but this is another issue.
If you want to record the compressed track, try sending the track to one of the busses and patch this bus to another track's input. Play the old while recording the new. On subsequent playbacks, mute (don't delete) the original track and mix with the new track. This is a general suggestion as I am not familiar with this unit. It looks like a good one, though. Try the sends. Hope this helps...