or
Create an account

or

Thread Connecting a ALESIS 3630 Comp/limiter to a TASCAM 564

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Connecting a ALESIS 3630 Comp/limiter to a TASCAM 564
Does anybody know how to connect an ALESIS 3630 Compressor/limiter to a TASCAM 564 Portastudio correctly as I’m having problems with this, the instruction don’t explain it very well!!! :?
you would connect the stereo L-R out of the recorder into the LR input of the limiter and the output of the limiter to whatever you mix down too, i dont know much about that tascam, do you do internal mixdowns? or do you have to mix down to something else?

or do you plan on using the compressor limiter while recording? or is it just for mastering?
Thanks for reply!! I'd use it for recording and mix down and yes it does have a internal mix down.
well then after you do a mix down, you have the finished product, a good mix you like, but you want to compress or limit it, SO then you would connect the stere L-R out of the tascam to the in of the limiter, and then the out of the limiter to, something else (another minidisc recorder, your computer, tape whatever)

once again im sorry i know little about the tascam minidisc recorders, i myself have a tascam 424mkIII 4track...