or
Create an account

or

Thread Background Noise In Recording

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Background Noise In Recording
I recently recorded as song and noticed there is a quite a bit of background noise in the recording. Mainly sound the condenser mic picked up( Stuff that I can't help but pick up), like the sound of my 8 track running, and headphone noise, as well as guitar hum. It's only really present near the end when the songs starts to quiet down. I have sony Sound Forge, and wonder what the best way to try and reduce the noise would be, any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.
good news! there is something you can do. however it will involve some money. sound forge, ufortunately, is not going to help. there are 2 solutions:
1st- send your mix to a professional mastering house with noise reduction capibilities. you will need to leave a little empty space with the noise before the track. this will help them accurately create a "noise profile". what thier equipment basically does is add numerous notch filters to the overall mix.
2nd- do it yourself. you can obtain software plug-ins that do the same thing. however you will have to keep the same noise before the track. i have experimented with different versions and almost all have had disapointing results. the only one i have found that effectivly reduces or cuts the noise completely out is X-Noise by Waves (www.waves.com). its rather expensive but totally worth the money. it has a learn feature and is rather easy to use.
future recording option- invest in a nice tube-pre that has an 80hz rumble feature. this will help cut it out in the begining. the cheapest i have found is PreSonus' Tube-Pre, around $100. cheap and easy and also adds great analog "warmth".
-god, i should work for these guys!-