ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP Horizon FR-II

STC-Shaped Guitar from ESP belonging to the Horizon II series.

JessB JessB

«  Guitar to do everything »

Published on 01/25/13 at 03:05
I will not go on the features that are already well covered in other reviews (ash body, neck-through 24 frets, floyd rose original ...). Mine is equipped with passive pickups (Duncan SH1 Seymours & TB4)

This guitar is a very "comfortable", I especially appreciate the fact that it is well balanced and upright is the best guitar I've tried.
The performance of the agreement is perfect and flawless violin.
Access to acute is easy but do not have too big fingers box in the 24th, there is not much room with jumbo frets.
Only downside: The volume knob is placed too close to the play area, advantageous when playing knob (violin) but quite annoying nag rhythm mode, the volume is lowered unintentionally, it took me a few months to get used to.

This is a versatile guitar, the sound palette ranges from light to heavy saturation and each time with a grain gives it interesting personality. To summarize, you can play the blues on the neck pickup split, and you spend the hard rock on the bridge pickup.

Accustomed to vintage guitars (Telecaster, Les Paul) I sought one superstrate with a floyd to develop my game and I was not disappointed.
It's been 3 years since I used this guitar, the price / quality ratio is very good. I play regularly (every day) and I've never had any problems with.